This is a great recipe for a morning juice that will get your motor running and off to a good start. Drinking this every morning get your body ready for a great day of detox. This juice is a favorite because it has everything you need for energy, nutrition and brain power. Start using this recipe in lieu of coffee and a danish and watch your waistline shrink!
- 1 bunch of organic kale
- 1 bunch of organic spinach
- 4-5 sprigs of mint leaves (or more if your taste buds prefer it!)
- 5 stalks of celery
- An inch of ginger root (again this is up to you. Too much ginger can make the juice too spicy)
- Half an apple (apple juice is a good sweetener, especially for kids or those who don’t like the taste of greens)
- 1 Cucumber
- Squeeze of half a lemon or lime
Simply put all the ingredients except the lemon/lime in your high quality juicer. After juicing squeeze the lemon juice by hand into the mix. Be sure to remove the seeds prior to hand squeezing.(you’ll thank yourself later!) If you’re new to this you might find our article on how to juice helpful.
Pour into a thermos or mason jar. Shake well and enjoy. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for an extra zap of energy!
As always your comments and suggestions are welcomed.