omega j8006 nutrition center juicer review
The Omega J8006 nutrition center is one of the best selling juicers on Amazon, so let’s see why people love this juicer and if it’s worth the price.The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center is a masticating style juicer. Sometimes referred to as alow speed juicer, the Nutrition Center processes at 80rpm, whereas most other juicers process at a speed of 1,650 to 15,000rpm.There is a huge difference between low speed juicers like this one and the high-speed juicers. Low speed juicers retain the healthy enzymes, prevents oxidation and allows juices to be stored for up to 3 days without degradation.
If you are looking for a juicer that can handle greens, look no further, the Omega j8006 is perfect for juicing greens: Leafy Greens, Wheatgrass, Celery, Carrots. Also, apples. Like almost all masticating juicers, soft fruits are not their thing, they do better in centrifugal juicers or smoothies.
- Low speed, masticating style juicing system
- Omega’s Nutrition Center does more than just juice. You can turn nuts into nut butters (an all-natural peanut butter), make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic.
- Dual stage juicer. First, juice is extracted by crushing the fruit or vegetable. Then, before the pulp is ejected, the pulp is squeezed during the second pressed stage. This results in a higher yield of juice and a very dry pulp.
- Economical. Since the juicer is so efficient and productive, you’ll get the greatest amount of juice from the least amount of produce.
- The low speed system does not mean a longer time to juice. It means a more efficient juicer. More nutrients and antioxidants, plus better flavored juice and freshness.
- Engineered for quiet operation and longer life.
- The low speed system limits froth and foam preventing oxidation.
- Juice can be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation or the juice separation that occurs with other juicers.
The best juicer is the one you use regularly if it is difficult or too time-consuming to use or clean or too be big to fit in a prominent place in your kitchen the honeymoon will be short.
Do not underestimate cleanup as a factor in your selection. Some juicers take in excess of 10 minutes to properly clean. Perhaps not a big deal if you make a large batch for two days but if you make a glass to drink fresh twice a day then cleanup time is serious consideration. Cleanup time on a juicer is mostly related to the size of the screen which needs to be cleaned right a way with a brush (including with the juicer) else the holes get clogged and the process becomes less efficient.
The Omega model has a short screen and only a few parts and once you master a workflow for cleanup is literally less than 2 minutes, probably the shortest time for any juicer on the market.
A cheap juicer will cost the most – because it is either inefficient with the yield, or it will break quickly. A $69 juicer that lasts a year costs $69/yr. A $300 juicer with a 15 year warranty cost $20/year. How much will you juice helps to calculate how long a 20% higher produce bill for a $300 juicer will recoup your investment. If you juice only once in a while, the higher investment will never pay for itself. But, if you juice 2x day, or for several people, it could be within 3 years of so before the more expensive juicer actually pays for itself.
This juicer is not only economically priced but it’s of good quality and works as expected. Furthermore the value derived from the juicer automatically overrides the price.
- Great for juicing leafy greens like wheatgrass
- If it fits in the chute, it can usually handle it. Harder produce may need cutting.
- The pulp is dry enough that you’ll never look and think “I could get more juice out of that”
- The 4 main parts are very easy to put together and disassemble. You can disassemble and put it in a regular kitchen cabinet instead of it having to sit outside on a counter when not in use.
- No heat build up in the juice.
- Easy to clean: It cleans up relatively quickly (or just drop the disassembled parts in a bowl of water for cleanup later, don’t let it dry)
- Fairly quiet. You can have a conversation standing over it.
- 15 year warranty
- strong Ultem auger and strainer will be able to withstand everyday use
- You can use this to create home made peanut butter or sorbets, it even crushes coffee beans
- The chute is a bit small, you have to chop things into fairly small pieces before you can shove em into this thing. So if time is of the essence for you, this may not be the one for you. However, the way this juicer works yields more juice compared to other juicer… so it may be worth your time after all
- Hard produce will go easier and quicker if sliced
- This is not like the commercials where they toss a bunch of veggies into the chute and WHIRRRRRRRR: Juice! It is slower and is more methodical.
- The plastic on the output cups is opaque and can stain from greens, carrots or beets if you don’t wash it good.
- If you are making juice for 2 or 3, the cup is not quite big enough to hold it all.
- you’ll need to exert a little effort pushing produce through the feed chute
Final review of the Omega J8006 juicer:
This is the mother of all masticating juicers out there. It has a motor that will juice anything and is in a league of it’s own. It is very easy to use, to dismantle and to put together, which is pretty unique to this juicer. It doesn’t have 20 super small parts, so it’s easy to clean and it doesn’t have to be cleaned multiple times while you are making multiple juices at one time. It produces a very dry pulp and requires far less input than other products to yield much more juice. Lower noise compared to other juicers, which is good if you live in an apartment building for example.
|Juicing Yield:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Cleanup:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Price Quality ratio:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
If you liked this review and want to buy your own Omega J8006 nutrition center juicer, please follow the links below to Amazon or read more REVIEWS here